E-mail Uncle Daryl (Free)
Got a quick question that might be of interest to other readers?
Send me an e-mail, and I’ll do my best to address it in a future blog post.
Optional – include your phone number – no charge for short phone calls.
All questions and answers will be sanitized to protect confidentiality.
Monthly Call-In Session (Also Free)
Coming soon – a free monthly Teleconference.
Still working on the details, but watch my blog. Also, be sure to sign up on our newsletter/email list.
Some call this Coaching. I call this simply Answering Your Questions.
Here are two options if you would like some in-depth personal support:
The “Strategies & Details” Option – About 1 hour increments
- For detailed discussions and/or multiple questions.
- Cost – $100/call – contact me here
- Payment at time of call
The “Mentor” Option – Longer term support
- If you want ongoing support as you develop your consultancy.
- Three month increments – Up to six calls, plus e-mail access.
- Cost – $500 – contact me here
- Payment at first call.
1. What are these rates based on? Greatly discounted engineering consulting rates.
2. Some people charge more — up to $500 hour. Are they worth it? Quite possibly.
3. So why so much less here? I assume people reading this blog are in the exploratory stages, and don’t want to spend a ton of money for some simple advice and answers.
I’m also pretty much retired, and don’t need the money. Consulting has been very good to me. But this helps pay for project expenses, and supports some favorite causes.
4. Why not free? Well, we all value what we pay for. However, if you are NOT happy, I’ll refund your money — no questions asked!
5. What does “About 1 Hour” mean? I’m not a slave to the clock. If we need to go a bit longer, we will –at no extra charge.
Still not sure? Let’s talk for “about an hour”, and you decide if it was worth it.
Several short classes have been presented at professional conferences. (“So You Want To Be A Consultant?” and “Consulting for Geeks.” ) The most recent was at the 2016 IEEE EMC Symposium in Ottawa.
Currently working on a more detailed on-line class. Five sessions of one hour each. An expansion of the short class above.
- Session I– Introduction – An overview with four key questions.
- Session II – Marketing – Defining your niches and getting leads
- Session III – Sales – Collateral, contracts, and closing the deals
- Session IV – Financial & Legal – Fee Setting, advisors, professional licenses, and more
- Session V – Getting Started – Part time/full time, setting up your office, commencing your marketing
Cost – TBD. May be offered in conjunction with a major technical publisher.
Want more details? Contact me here
Initially a catalyst for this blog. Much of the material (at least in condensed form) is already contained in blog posts. Still undecided about the details: e-book or hard cover, self-publish, or ??? Rumor has it there is an e-book on the horizon.
But right now I feel my time is better spend on the blog and related activities. The overarching goal of this project is to help others make their own JumpToConsulting.
Incidentally, don’t need a book for the ego boost, as I already written or co-written several technical books along with a couple of hundred technical articles. Much work, but books are very effective in building your credibility and visibility.
© 2013 – 2017, jumptoconsulting.com. All rights reserved.