10 Signs You Might Be A Consultant…
(1) Your largest expense is socks from never leaving the house. (More wear and tear)
(2) Business casual is khaki shorts and a Hawaiian shirt
(3) 3 months of vacation a year just doesn’t quite feel long enough
(4) Bean counters panic when they see you
(5) Afternoon naps are an option
(6) You can open a window on a cool spring day and feel the breeze
(7) The biggest wear and tear on your vehicle is going to the grocery store and church on Sundays
(8) Family and friends always start a conversation with “so I have an invention for you ….”
(9) You are cursed with not only having to have knowledge of the bleeding cutting edge of technology but also maintain skills that are legacy by decades (Fortran anyone?)
(10) You use as much open source free software as possible but expect others to pay top dollar for your software
– From the Beningo Engineering Embedded Newsletter (June 2013) – another consulting engineer who also blogs and writes a newsletter.
Copyright © 2013, jumptoconsulting.com. All rights reserved.